Get your running shoes ready, the Acts Christian Fellowship Amazing Race is set for Saturday, May 20, 2017 (rain or shine)!
Welcome to the Acts Amazing Race – 2017! The purpose of this event is to explore parts of Toronto, work in teams with mixed age groups, and of course, have fun!!
Here are some things you need to know:
- Teams will be equally divided, maximum 2 adults and 4 children. Adults will be the team leaders. Unless specifically requested, family members will likely be split up. Minimum suggested age is 10 years old. Children under 13 must be accompanied by one parent or guardian
- Members of a team must stay together unless otherwise instructed – they are not allowed to split up, and must stay within talking distance from each other
- Teams will be provided a TTC day pass. This is the only transportation method other than walking or running. Taking cars, taxis or uber are not allowed.
- All teams must obey all traffic signals – NO jay walking! Cross streets only at lights or stop signs. Children are not allowed to run across intersections (adults – a reminder that not all children may be used to downtown traffic, and while we want to have fun and try to win the race, safety comes first!)
- Smart phones can only be used when allowed to complete certain tasks, or to make emergency phone calls. Searching for information or answers on your phone is not permitted. If a team gets lost or cannot find something, there are maps located around the city, or you can ask someone.
- Certain tasks may require saying a word of encouragement or act of kindness
- This will likely be an all-day event – there will be a mandatory lunch break. Team members can either pack a lunch or bring money to buy something.